Learn WordPress Development
Does WordPress development require coding? Shan
WordPress offers a range of settings that allow you to customize your website's appearance, functionality, and security. Here are 20 essential WordPress settings that you should be familiar with:
- General Settings: These include your site title, tagline, timezone, and date format.
- Writing Settings: These settings control your default post category, post format, and writing interface.
- Reading Settings: These settings determine how your blog posts and archives are displayed, including the number of posts per page and whether to display the full post or a summary.
- Discussion Settings: These settings control how comments are managed on your site, including whether to allow comments and how comments are moderated.
- Media Settings: These settings control the size and quality of your media files, including images, videos, and audio.
- Permalink Settings: These settings control the structure of your website's URLs, making it easier for search engines and visitors to understand the structure of your site.
- Privacy Settings: These settings control whether search engines can index your site or not, and whether your site collects any user data.
- Site Language: This setting allows you to choose the language of your site.
- Site Icon: This setting allows you to upload a site icon, which is displayed in the browser tab and bookmark menu.
- Custom CSS: This setting allows you to add custom CSS to your site, allowing you to change the appearance of your site.
- Widgets: These settings allow you to add and configure widgets, which are small pieces of functionality that can be added to your site's sidebar or footer.
- Menus: These settings allow you to create and manage custom menus, which are used to navigate your site.
- Users: These settings allow you to manage user accounts, including creating new users, editing existing users, and assigning roles and permissions.
- Plugins: These settings allow you to install, activate, and manage plugins, which add new functionality to your site.
- Themes: These settings allow you to install, activate, and manage themes, which control the appearance and layout of your site.
- Customizer: This setting allows you to customize the appearance of your site, including colors, fonts, and backgrounds.
- Import/Export: These settings allow you to import and export content from your site, making it easy to move your site to a new location or backup your content