Web Security & Pen Testing Basic to Pro
Here are 10 potential topics for a Web Security & Pen Testing Basic to Pro course:
- Introduction to web security: Understanding the basics of web security and the importance of protecting against cyber attacks.
- Web application vulnerabilities: Examining the most common types of web application vulnerabilities, such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS).
- Reconnaissance techniques: Learning how to gather information about a target website using various reconnaissance techniques, including web crawling and port scanning.
- Exploiting vulnerabilities: Understanding how to exploit web application vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access or perform other malicious actions.
- Authentication and session management: Examining the importance of authentication and session management in web security, and how to test for vulnerabilities in these areas.
- Network security: Learning about network security concepts and how they relate to web security, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Penetration testing methodologies: Understanding the different methodologies for conducting penetration testing, including black box, white box, and grey box testing.
- Reporting and remediation: Learning how to properly document and report findings from web security testing, and how to work with development teams to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Web server security: Examining the importance of securing web servers themselves, including operating system hardening, web server configuration, and access control.
- Emerging threats: Exploring new and emerging threats in web security, such as zero-day vulnerabilities and web application firewalls.