Learn SQL - College of Genuine Technology
Introduction to SQL: History, purpose, and benefits.
- SQL Syntax: The structure of SQL commands, data types, operators, and expressions.
- Retrieving data: SELECT statements, filtering data with WHERE, sorting data with ORDER BY and limiting results with LIMIT.
- Data manipulation: INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
- Joining tables: Inner joins, left joins, right joins, and full outer joins.
- Subqueries: Writing subqueries in SQL and using them with other commands.
- Grouping data: GROUP BY statements, aggregate functions, and HAVING clauses.
- Indexing: Creating indexes to optimize performance.
- Constraints: Defining constraints on tables to ensure data integrity.
- Views: Creating and using views to simplify complex queries.
- Stored procedures: Creating and using stored procedures to encapsulate SQL logic.
- Transactions: Understanding the concepts of transactions and how to manage them in SQL.
- Normalization: Understanding the principles of database normalization and applying them to SQL database design.
- Security: Understanding database security principles and using SQL to grant and revoke permissions.